Port Wine Recipe: Warm Blackberry Cake RecipeEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve Ingredients
- 75 g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, grated
- 2 whisked eggs
- 125 g of flour with baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 packet of blackberries
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Butter 6 ramequin molds and sprinkle with flour. In a large bowl whisk butter, sugar and the grated lemon until it turns into a smooth whitish cream. Add eggs, flour and milk, whisk vigorously. Add 2 tablespoons golden syrup and mix.
- Divide the remaining golden syrup and the blackberries among the ramequin molds. Pour the cream on top of each. Cover each mold with a double foil or baking sheet scored in the middle. Tie firmly with cooking string.
- Steam cook in a large pan filled halfway with boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes. Pour more boiling water if necessary. Cook until a toothpick inserted near the centre of the mold comes out clean. Unmold into serving dishes and remove with a spoon the blackberries which may be sticking to the bottom of the ramequins.
Gratinéed squash with egg cream filling
Brie and black olives pastry
Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit
Chocolate mousse divine