Port Wine Recipe: Warm Blackberry Cake RecipeEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve Ingredients
- 75 g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, grated
- 2 whisked eggs
- 125 g of flour with baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 packet of blackberries
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Butter 6 ramequin molds and sprinkle with flour. In a large bowl whisk butter, sugar and the grated lemon until it turns into a smooth whitish cream. Add eggs, flour and milk, whisk vigorously. Add 2 tablespoons golden syrup and mix.
- Divide the remaining golden syrup and the blackberries among the ramequin molds. Pour the cream on top of each. Cover each mold with a double foil or baking sheet scored in the middle. Tie firmly with cooking string.
- Steam cook in a large pan filled halfway with boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes. Pour more boiling water if necessary. Cook until a toothpick inserted near the centre of the mold comes out clean. Unmold into serving dishes and remove with a spoon the blackberries which may be sticking to the bottom of the ramequins.
Cream of pumpkin and white beans with coriander-flavoured olive oil and sliced flaky spinach roll
Portuguese French toast (rabanadas)
Chocolate cream cups