Port Wine Recipe: Strawberry and Vanilla RisottoEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve Ingredients
- 325 g of risotto rice
- 250 g of strawberries, cut into medium sized cubes
- 100 g of white chocolate
- 85 g of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 vanilla pods, cut lengthwise and seeded
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 l of full-fat milk
- Fresh Mint (to taste)
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, add the strawberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice. Cook until the strawberries are soft and the liquid has thickened a bit, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a larger saucepan melt 2/3 of the butter. Add the vanilla pods and seeds (scrape the seeds first) and stir. Cook for another minute and add the rice and remaining sugar. Increase the heat and stir the rice whilst adding the wine. After the wine has been fully absorbed, slowly add the milk. Allow the rice to simmer for 16 to 17 minutes, stirring constantly.
- You may need to add a bit more milk until the rice is al dente. Remove from the heat, add the white chocolate and leftover butter and stir. Cover the pan and let it rest for a few minutes.
- You may serve the risotto in glasses, alternating each layer with strawberries. Decorate with mint leaves.
- Serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold.
Venison steak, spiced red cabbage, chestnut purée
Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit