Port Wine Recipe: Portuguese French Toast (Rabanadas)Enjoy with Sandeman Porto Tawny 30 Years Old Ingredients
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- Soya or rice milk for dipping
- Corn jelly (to taste)
- 1 beaten egg (optional)
- Oil for frying (to taste)
- Warm the milk with the aniseed. Dip bread in the milk until soft but not mushy.
- Dip each slice in beaten egg or, if you prefer, dip in a thin batter. Cover the bottom of a frying pan with a little oil and fry on both sides until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a little corn jelly, a few drops of water and some powdered cinnamon in a pan to form a thin syrup. Cool and drizzle over the French toast.
Gratinéed squash with egg cream filling
Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit
Venison steak, spiced red cabbage, chestnut purée
Foie gras with balsamic vinegar and salad