Port Wine Recipe: Portuguese French Toast (Rabanadas)Enjoy with Sandeman Porto Tawny 30 Years Old Ingredients
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- Soya or rice milk for dipping
- Corn jelly (to taste)
- 1 beaten egg (optional)
- Oil for frying (to taste)
- Warm the milk with the aniseed. Dip bread in the milk until soft but not mushy.
- Dip each slice in beaten egg or, if you prefer, dip in a thin batter. Cover the bottom of a frying pan with a little oil and fry on both sides until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a little corn jelly, a few drops of water and some powdered cinnamon in a pan to form a thin syrup. Cool and drizzle over the French toast.
Penne and bolognaise strudel
Mozzarella with strawberries and basil-scented oil
Shot of figs, honey and walnuts
Filet mignon with a coffee and Porto wine sauce