Port Wine Recipe: Cream of Pumpkin and White Beans with CorianderEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Fine Tawny Ingredients
- 800 g of pumpkin, cut in small pieces
- 250 g of dry white beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 120 g of spinach
- 2 dl of olive oil
- 100 g of flaky pastry
- 10 g of fresh coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- Soak the dry white beans overnight. Rinse and put into a large pot of water to boil until cooked.
- Meanwhile, brown the onion in olive oil in a large pot, add pumpkin, cooked beans, water in which the beans boiled, salt and pepper, and boil until pumpkin is done.
- In a small bowl, chop the fresh coriander, add the olive oil and reserve. Lightly cook the spinach and cool in iced water. Drain well.
- Roll the flaky pastry out with a rolling pin. Spread it with the cooked spinach, roll tightly, brush with beaten egg yolk and bake in a hot oven (170ºC) for 10 minutes. When cooked, cut into 2cm-thick slices.
Gnocchi with lobster and walnut sauce
Iced coffee cup
Portuguese French toast (rabanadas)