Sherry Wine Recipe: Wild Mushroom RisottoEnjoy with Sandeman Sherry Medium Dry Ingredients
- 200 g of carnaroli or round grain rice
- 50 g of chopped onions
- 20 g of chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 dl of white wine
- 300 g of wild mushrooms
- 8 dl of chicken stock
- 50 g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Sauté the mushrooms and one chopped garlic clove in olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another pan, place 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, shallots and garlic and simmer gently until transparent but not golden.
- Add rice and stir for about 2 minutes. Add wine and stir continuously until all the liquid has been absorbed. Still stirring, add a portion of stock and continue stirring until the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding stock, little by little, always stirring until the stock is absorbed each time. It will take between 18 and 20 minutes for the rice to be fully cooked.
- Add the sautéed mushroom mixture.
- Stir in the butter, sprinkle grated cheese over the rice and serve.
Strawberry sundae with meringues
Gratinéed squash with egg cream filling
Portuguese French toast (rabanadas)