Port Wine Recipe: Venison Steak, Spiced Red Cabbage, Chestnut PuréeEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Vintage Quinta do Seixo 2015 Ingredients
- 4 venison steaks
- 250 g of red cabbage
- 120 g of onion
- 300 g of peeled chestnuts
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 juniper berries
- 1 Jamaican peppercorn
- 1 dl of milk
- 1 dl of chicken stock
- 30 g of butter
- Olive oil
- Powdered star anise (to taste)
- Grapeseed oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips and simmer in butter with the vinaigrette (20% honey, 80% vinegar) until cooked. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the chestnuts in a trikle of very hot olive oil. Add chicken stock, milk and butter and cook until the chestnuts begin to fall apart. Drain and mash until creamy. Return to stove and season with salt, pepper and star anise.
- Season the venison with salt and pepper and brown in a trickle of grapeseed oil. The meat should be pink inside.
- Serve the venison with the cabbage and/or the chestnut purée.
Quick chocolate squares
Gratinéed squash with egg cream filling
White chocolate and peach pannacota