Sherry Wine Recipe: Prawn CurryEnjoy with Sandeman Sherry Fino Ingredients
- 1 kg of prawns with shells
- 2 onions, chopped to form a paste
- Garlic, chopped (to taste)
- 2 chili peppers
- Strong curry powder (to taste)
- Curry paste (to taste)
- 2 bottles of coconut milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Toss the prawns in hot olive oil with salt until they are pink. Reserve the liquid they lose. Shell the prawns and keep their heads.
- Cut the eyes off the heads. Put the heads in a blender with the liquid from the saucepan and mash until you have a paste. Strain the paste through a sieve.
- In a pot, simmer the onion and garlic in a little olive oil, over low heat. Add chili peppers, the paste from the heads, curry powder, curry paste and last, the coconut milk. Simmer for a little while over low heat and adjust seasonings. Lastly, add the shrimp but cook only a little so that they remain al dente and do not go mushy.
- Serve with basmatic rice, mango chutney, grated coconut and pappadums.
Blackberry summer pudding
Portuguese French toast (rabanadas)
Red Thai curry with chicken, bok choi and jasmin rice