Port Wine Recipe: Foie Gras with Balsamic Vinegar & SaladEnjoy with Sandeman Sherry Character Superior Medium Dry Ingredients
- 12 thin slices of country bread
- 1 packet of salad
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of Crema balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
- 12 cherries
- 1 pot of foie gras, cold and thickly sliced
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Warm the oven to 170ºC. Place the bread on a tray and place in the oven. Brush lightly with butter. Roast until the bread is golden, approximately 10 minutes. In a bowl mix the salad and the cherries. In another bowl beat the shallots with the oil with 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Add the salad, mix well and season. Arrange little mountains of salad on the plates (6), arrange the foie gras around it and drizzle the remaining vinegar. Serve with the bread.
Venison steak, spiced red cabbage, chestnut purée
Pak choi stuffed with goat cheese and sweet and sour sauce
Meringues with brandy cream