Port Wine Recipe: Chocolate Cream CupsEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Vau Vintage 2011 Ingredients
- 170 g of dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- Whipped cream, for decoration (optional)
- Cocoa powder, for decoration (optional)
- Chocolate slices, for decoration (optional)
- Heat the oven to 160ºC. Place 8 bowls in a large roasting pan and cover with a kitchen towel. Place a large saucepan with water on the stove and bring to boil. Keep hot until needed.
- Place half of the cream in a large pan over a medium heat. When it boils remove from the stove and add the chocolate. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Stir slowly until the chocolate has melted and is well incorporated into the cream. Transfer into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the rest of the cream and the sugar in a small saucepan and cook on the stove over a medium heat. Leave it until the liquid begins to boil around the edges. With the help of a blender add this mixture to the chocolate mixture until it is smooth. In another bowl whisk the eggs with the yolks and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs into the chocolate mixture, whisking them in slowly.
- Pour the final mixture into the bowls. Carefully pour some boiling water into the roasting dish until the water reaches halfway up the bowls. Bake until the centres are firm when pressed down with a finger, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. The mixture should be firm on top but creamy inside. Place on an oven grid or a cold surface to cool down. Serve lukewarm or cover with cling film and refrigerate. Decorate with whipped cream, cocoa powder or chocolate scrapings.
Salmon rolls with avocado filling
Custard with chopped walnuts and cinnamon