Port Wine Recipe: Filet Mignon, Coffee and Port Wine SauceEnjoy with Sandeman Porto Vintage Quinta do Seixo 2015 Ingredients
- 2 sirloin steaks (180-200 g each)
- 1 cup of expresso coffee
- 1 cup of Porto Wine
- 1 teaspoon of onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 100 g of button mushrooms
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Place the butter in a standard frying pan (not a non-stick pan) and lightly sauté the steaks on both sides. Lower the heat so as not to burn the butter. As soon as the meat is ready remove the meat and set it aside. It should still be red inside.
- Add the onion and Porto and reduce the sauce to half. Add the coffee and then the meat. Add the mushrooms and half a cup of water. Cover and allow to simmer until the meat is cooked to taste. If the sauce is too liquid, reduce over a high heat.
- Serve with asparagus and potatoes.
Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit
Mango, papaya and coconut carpaccio
Cream of lobster soup